Rev. Jun 17, 2014
Terms of Service
Below, unless otherwise specified, the terms “site” or “‘Website” refer to any of the sites owned by Latin American Matrix, Inc. The URLs for these sites are the following:
The terms “us”, “we”, “our”, refer to Latin American Matrix, Inc.
By accessing and using our site you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions and other applicable laws. If you disagree, you may not use our site.
You agree that:
1. You are at least 18 years old.
2. That our products’ images will not be altered in any way without our prior written approval; (Except for image resizing and for adding "flow-of-document" marks, such as page numbers, slide numbers, section headings, and other similar marks.)
3. Geocoding upon our map images is to be made exclusively by us.
4. Our products’ images or files are not resalable.
5. Our products will not be used for any activity prohibited by law.
6. Each product is sold “as is”. Beyond the full refund of the price paid, no warranties are made regarding the product’s content, accuracy, or usability for your particular purposes. We are not responsible for any consequential damage resulting from the use or misuse of any of our products.
7. In our blog, we reserve the right to reject or remove subscribers or subscribers’ submissions at any time and for any reason.
8. In our blog, the legality of the comments or materials presented in each submission are the responsibility of their respective authors. Inclusion of views in our blog does not imply our endorsement of such views. You are responsible to protect your own copy-written material with appropriate notices prior to submission.
9. You understand the risks and benefits of internet communications. Although our site is equipped to handle secured, encrypted transactions, and we constantly check for computer viruses and for other internet maladies, we, like all other internet sites in the world, cannot warranty risk-free web interactions.
10. Links to or from Latin American Matrix’s site do not represent endorsement of content of those external sites.
11. These terms and conditions are subject to change at any time. Such changes will become effective upon publication. You agree to review these terms periodically.
12. Disclaimer of Warranties. Our Website is provided “as is”. Latin American Matrix and its suppliers and licensors hereby disclaim all warranties of any kind, express or implied, including, without limitation, the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. Neither Latin American Matrix nor its suppliers and licensors, makes any warranty that the Website will be error free or that access thereto will be continuous or uninterrupted. You understand that you download from, or otherwise obtain content or services through, the Website at your own discretion and risk.
13. Limitation of Liability. In no event will Latin American Matrix, or its suppliers or licensors, be liable with respect to any subject matter of this agreement under any contract, negligence, strict liability or other legal or equitable theory for: (i) any special, incidental or consequential damages; (ii) the cost of procurement for substitute products or services; (iii) for interruption of use or loss or corruption of data; or (iv) for any amounts that exceed the fees paid by you to Latin American Matrix under this agreement during the twelve (12) month period prior to the cause of action. Latin American Matrix shall have no liability for any failure or delay due to matters beyond their reasonable control. The foregoing shall not apply to the extent prohibited by applicable law.
15. Indemnification. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Latin American Matrix, its contractors, and its licensors, and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from and against any and all claims and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, arising out of your use of the Website, including but not limited to your violation of this Agreement.
16. Miscellaneous. Except to the extent applicable law, of the Website will be governed by the laws of the state of Illinois, excluding its conflict of law provisions, and the proper venue for any disputes arising out of or relating to any of the same will be the state and federal courts located in DuPage County and Cook County, respectively. Any dispute arising under this Agreement shall be finally settled in accordance with the Comprehensive Arbitration Rules of the Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Service, Inc. (“JAMS”) The arbitration shall take place in DuPage Illinois and the arbitral decision may be enforced in any court. The prevailing party in any action or proceeding to enforce this Agreement shall be entitled to costs and attorneys’ fees. If any part of this Agreement is held invalid or unenforceable, that part will be construed to reflect the parties’ original intent, and the remaining portions will remain in full force and effect.